Sunday, March 15, 2009

Waiting

Make me know Your ways, O LORD; teach me Your paths. Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; for You I wait all the day. Psalms 25:4-5 (NASB - emphasis mine) Sometimes things will strike me that I know I have known for a long time, but suddenly they take on a deeper and more personal meaning. This morning was one such occasion. As I read these two verses, I realized that so often I ask the Lord for His teaching, for His Word, for His voice to be clear to me. But, when it doesn't happen in the time frame I expect (i.e. in my focused morning time of prayer and Bible reading), I think that maybe I missed it or He's just being silent for some reason. I wonder how many times I then progress about my day with my ears more closed than they should be. How many times do I move on and not live the rest of my day in anticipation, knowing His voice might speak at any time? David waited his whole day for the response of his God - for that teaching and leading. I can't bottle God's teaching up for a certain hour of the day. I must be moldable and teachable continually, whether I'm reading the Word or teaching the kids. Whether it is quiet and peaceful or loud and distracting. I must wait for Him, for His timing is not mine. He knows how I best learn, and He knows how to bring a truth to light for me. I must wait for Him, even if it takes all day!

No comments: