Saturday, March 21, 2009

In Tune at sll Times

Usually a verse literally jumps off the page from one area of my reading and really challenges me each day. This morning is something a little different. Yesterday when we took the girls to the dentist, we were hit with some news that we didn't expect. To be honest, a gazillion thoughts were swirling through my mind, confusing and unsettling me. "Is all of this truly necessary?" "How much will this cost?" "What is really wrong with my little girl?" "What is our time frame?" "Are you telling us to commit to this right now?" "Are you not going to give us any of this in writing so we can truly process?" "Are you just spouting all of this off to overwhelm us so we'll just jump in and do what you say? Yeah, that's how you work!" "AUGH!" "I need to go pray...Lord, I just need to step away and process!" As soon as we were out of the immediate situation, I began calming down and truly processing, and a sense of peace was restored as I was able to submit my thoughts and anxieties to the Lord. Since then, I've had a peace about Angela's dental work. But, another thought has been nagging at me. Why does it take stepping back to hear from the Lord and process past anxiety? What if I don't have the chance to step back and process? My longing - my desire - is to be truly in tune with my Lord. I long for His wisdom. I long for His peace. Not just when I'm able to step back and process and pray, but when I'm in the middle of a situation. This time is was a dental visit, which in the grand scheme of life is not a big thing. But, I long to be trustworthy in the little things so I might prove worthy in the bigger things as well. I am highly challenged to dwell in His peace and draw on His wisdom at all times, in all things. That's how close to Him I long to be. Lord, please teach me!

No comments: