Sunday, March 22, 2009

Out of the Way

As I get ready to head to church this morning, several things are running through my mind. First, I'm teaching from Isaiah in Sunday school. Isaiah 29:13-14 is prominent in my mind, reminding me of the need to be diligent to worship and serve in truth, not out of obligation, tradition, or habit. Secondly, Proverbs 22:17-18 stands out to me this morning, reminding me of the need to learn and grow - the need to gain deeper knowledge and understanding that I may be ready to pass it on when the Lord gives me opportunity. But the biggest thing on my mind is the challenge of adequately presenting the Word this morning in Sunday school while at the same time stepping aside and letting the Holy Spirit have His way through me. To be honest, Ann doesn't have anything to say to the ladies of my Sunday school class. The Lord does, though. His wisdom is perfect and His Word is powerful. I have spent the week preparing and studying, but in the end it is the Holy Spirit who should be teaching this morning. So, my heart longs to be out of His way. That is my prayer, desire, and challenge this morning.

No comments: