Friday, March 20, 2009

Diligent or Destructive?

He also who is slack in his work is brother to him who destroys. Prov 18:9 (NASB) I'll probably have to blog the whole story of this verse on the thoughts later in the day, but for now suffice it to say that this verse was very appropriate for several family members yesterday afternoon! And, it is still with me this morning. I make a lot of excuses for slacking off in one area or another - too tired, preoccupied with some other pressing "need," not feeling well, kids a distraction...you get the idea. But, the truth is that God gives me everything I need to accomplish what HE wants accomplished in each day. I have no true excuse to slack off. And now I see the danger of being slack in my work - it's not just neglectful. It's destructive! There are three responses that stand out to me in this... - Commit this day and every day to the Lord and seek what it is that He wants accomplished. - When my work is distracted for whatever reason, re-evaluate what I'm doing and why. If the task is of God, He will equip me to move past any delays or distractions. If the task is of Ann, then it's time to redirect. - Be diligent. No slacking.

No comments: