Wednesday, March 4, 2009

My Mind

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect. Rom 12:2 (NASB) My mind has not been a good place lately. No, I'm not thinking lustful thoughts or plotting world dominion. But, it seems that once my designated morning time with my Savior is done, so is my prayer and worship for the day. Every now and then I think of something or someone to pray for, but almost as soon as I route my thoughts toward prayer, I'm distracted by some other fanciful thought flitting through my head. We are told to pray without ceasing, but I seem to imagine without ceasing instead. I am studying Isaiah 6 for Sunday school this week. This morning Isaiah's response to his vision of God exalted on His throne greatly stood out to me. I realized that my problem lately is not so much my fleeting imagination as it is the fact that my focus has not been on my God. He is so perfect and is the holiest of holies, and just the thought of my position before Him should have my entire focus fixed on Him and Him alone. There shouldn't be room for vain imaginations. Renewing my mind involves re-fixating on God. Not on God as my Friend or even as my Father, although He is those things, but on God as GOD. That is my challenge, and only then will my mind be renewed to the point of being able to pray continually and worship Him truly.

No comments: