Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Pleasing Christ Alone

Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children... Eph 5:1 (NASB) Have you ever compared your actions to other people only to view yourself as lacking in some way? I have - regularly and frequently. Everything from how I decorate - or don't decorate - my house to how I clean it. From how I parent to how I home school. From how I teach Sunday school to how I blog. To be honest, there's no real end to the list. Do I do it right? How can I do better? She does this so well; how can I be more like her? Scripture tells me what I should be like and how I should do everything I do. I should do it in such a way as to imitate God and bring glory to Him (1 Cor 10:31). It's that simple. If I imitate someone else, it should simply be in the way Paul encouraged others to imitate him in 1 Cor 11:1 - in the way that person imitates Christ Himself. So, as I fight my insecurities (which some days seem tame and other days rear their ugly heads quite ferociously), I am called to hold myself to one standard - Christ's.

No comments: