Monday, March 30, 2009

That They May Be Saved

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me away from Your presence and do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation and sustain me with a willing spirit. Then I will teach transgressors Your ways, and sinners will be converted to You. Psalms 51:10-13 (NASB) David had just committed a series of sins that put a huge rift between him and his God. When the prophet Nathan confronted David, he was crushed and his repentance was pure and wholehearted. As I read through the Psalm that came from David's cries of repentance to the Lord, I was struck by the last verse...Then I will teach transgressors Your ways, and sinners will be converted to You. David not only wanted his personal relationship with the Lord to be restored, but he wanted to be a credible witness to others as well. Am I a credible witness? Do I stand before this world with a clean heart and a right spirit? What do the unsaved see when they look at me? Do they see someone who has no room to talk, or do they see someone who has the credibility to point them to the best Way? I must live my life with credibility. Like David, I fall - and there are times when I fall really, really hard. But, a goal in my life must be to live with credibility at all times...someone is always watching.

No comments: