Friday, March 6, 2009

Eagerly Watching

In the morning, O LORD, You will hear my voice; In the morning I will order my prayer to You and eagerly watch. Psalms 5:3 (NASB) How many times, on a daily basis, do we truly pray with expectation? The truth is, I do pray with faith. I know that my God can handle anything - He's big enough, strong enough, powerful enough, and every other "enough" He could possibly need to be to handle the requests. I believe that. But, I don't know that I really anticipate. David would "eagerly watch." He not only believed that God could accomplish what he asked; he didn't even just stop with believing that He would accomplish what he asked. Instead, David anticipated - he watched and waited. He looked for God's hand, for God's answer. I felt the whisper in my soul this morning...Anticipate what I want to do around you today. This is not to be an attitude of "someday my prayers will be answered, and I can rest in that." This is an attitude of eager expectation. Waiting for God to answer prayer is not a passive activity - it is an active one. And I am challenged to step up my activity!

No comments: