Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Tried and True

You have tried my heart; You have visited me by night; You have tested me and You find nothing; I have purposed that my mouth will not transgress. Psalms 17:3 (NASB) I could not honestly say these words to the Lord. It's only 7:45 in the morning, and already I've spoken harshly to my children and not had patience. There are a lot of things God could find in me. There are many ways that my mouth transgresses. David had such a passionate relationship with the Lord. He had a depth of understanding that surpasses so many of us who are on this side of the sacrifice of Christ. Every time I read through Psalms I am challenged on a new level to deepen my relationship with my Lord. May this verse be true of me - may my heart be tried and found true.

No comments: