Sunday, March 29, 2009

Powerful Presence

May our God come and not keep silence; fire devours before Him, and it is very tempestuous around Him. Psalms 50:3 (NASB) When I say I want God to come and be real to me, what do I expect? Do I want Him to come gently and calmly, confirming that I am doing well and following Him just fine? If so, then I am not ready for Him to come. God's love for me is not a sweet, gentle love that always fills me with excitement and happiness. It's not just a good feeling. It meets me where I am, sometimes bringing comfort and delight. But, it is not limited to that - it is strong and disruptive when it needs to be! God's love for me is powerful. Sometimes that means that His show of love and presence to me is going to turn my world upside down. He wants to grow me. He wants to mold me. He wants to make me into the perfect being He intended me to be. When He shows up and all is not calm and peaceful, I must still recognize His hand and His love. Lord, may I be accepting of Your powerful presence, even when I am caught up in the tempest that surrounds You!

No comments: