Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Get up and Go!

Deliver those who are being taken away to death, and those who are staggering to slaughter, oh hold them back. If you say, "See, we did not know this," does He not consider it who weighs the hearts? And does He not know it who keeps your soul? And will He not render to man according to his work? Prov 24:11-12 (NASB) So often I pray, "Lord, bring someone my way who needs to hear about You so I may have the opportunity to share Your truth with them." But when I read the words deliver those, I get a mental image of a rescue mission. I picture haggard World War II death camp victims staggering in rows, practically in a daze, simply doing what they're told. I see myself on the side lines, ready to run up to those victims and persuade as many as will to follow me to safety, freedom, and provision. But my heart knows that this mental picture is not accurate. The more accurate picture is of me sitting in my comfortable home praying that one of those prisoners will be able to stumble out of line, through the front lines of the war, into my home where he says, "Do you know the way to freedom?" Ouch! I must go and do! I will be held accountable. I must go and tell!

No comments: