Thursday, March 12, 2009

His Presence and His Word

The heavens are telling of the glory of God; and their expanse is declaring the work of His hands. Psalms 19:1 (NASB) Really, I should probably have put Psalm 19 in its entirety on here today - I encourage you to read through it. Two things really stood out to me as I read it this morning.
  1. God's hand is seen all around me. Everything He created praises Him, points to Him, gives glory to Him. If I am missing Him for any reason, it's not for lack of His presence. It's for lack of my attentiveness. I am praying for open eyes today, and I am determined to pay attention and praise Him each step of the way.
  2. God's Word holds everything I need. Everything. If I struggle today in any way, His Word will hold what I need to be restored, enlightened, granted wisdom, and filled with joy and praise for my God. I must actively and passionately seek after His Word, hiding it in my heart and meditating on it continually.
I have been asking the Lord to help me refocus lately, because my focus has been rough. Today He gave me this. I am challenged to heed it.

No comments: