Thursday, May 14, 2009

Wisdom

If the axe is dull and he does not sharpen its edge, then he must exert more strength. Wisdom has the advantage of giving success. Eccl 10:10 (NASB) The wise woman builds her house, but the foolish tears it down with her own hands. Prov 14:1 (NASB) Reading through Proverbs every month, and now adding a trek through Ecclesiastes on top of that, it's hard to miss the lessons about wisdom versus foolishness! I'd like to think of myself as a wise person, but so often the verses about foolishness convict me, making me realize that I don't always heed wisdom as I should. These verses really hit me today. If I accept God's wisdom and utilize it in my daily life, things run much more smoothly. Life doesn't take as much effort. Even when things go wrong - and they will - it's easier to handle the set-backs because wisdom has been my guide. But, so often I go through my day trying to figure it all out for myself. I seek advice from other people, search the internet, read blogs, send emails - all of it can be pretty futile if I'm trying to seek answers on my own. According to James 1:5, God offers His wisdom freely to me. Why don't I use it?! I long to build my house in wisdom, not tear it down with my foolish behavior. I long to share in the success of wisdom instead of having to exert more effort to accomplish daily life. I am challenged to be very intentional in each step of my daily life - to consciously follow wisdom each day.

No comments: