Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Source of Wisdom

I've been neglecful in posting! So, here's to catching up! There was a small city with few men in it and a great king came to it, surrounded it and constructed large siegeworks against it. But there was found in it a poor wise man and he delivered the city by his wisdom. Yet no one remembered that poor man. So I said, "Wisdom is better than strength." But the wisdom of the poor man is despised and his words are not heeded. Eccl 9:14-16 (NASB) I'd like to say that I'm not biased, but when I read these verses I really had to stop and look at myself. In all truth, I do have bias and prejudice lurking within me that just isn't good. I am picky about the sources of the advice I accept. And I, like this city, sometimes take wisdom but do not give credit for it. Wisdom comes from the Lord, as does discernment. I am challenged to make sure I heed His wisdom no matter what the source! I know I need to have great discernment, and oftentimes that discernment lets me know that certain sources just can't be trusted no matter what they say! But, other times wisdom comes from very unexpected places. Am I ready to receive it? Am I ready to give credit where credit is due?

No comments: