Monday, May 4, 2009

Today's Weapon

Let me hear Your lovingkindness in the morning; for I trust in You; teach me the way in which I should walk; for to You I lift up my soul. Deliver me, O LORD, from my enemies; I take refuge in You. Psalms 143:8-9 (NASB) Psalm 143 was a balm for my soul this morning. Yesterday was a good but long day, and I was tired. This morning I was awakened by one of my children not long before my alarm would call me into a new day. When it came time to sit down for my morning devotional time, I would much rather have been curling back up under the covers for another couple of hours of sleep! Then I read Psalm 143. What a treasure! What an expression from thousands of years ago that spoke my heart this morning! God's Word is so incredibly powerful to step in and lift prayers that we cannot seem to put into words. The battle for my heart and mind - the battle to keep me crushed and beaten down so that I focus on myself instead of on spreading Christ's light - is a daily one. But God is always faithful to provide through His Word exactly what I need to fight that battle. Today He gave me this Psalm and I will be committing it to heart this week. Thank You, Lord, for always giving me exactly what I need to be strengthened to serve You!

No comments: