Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Teach Me!

Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God; let Your good Spirit lead me on level ground. Psalms 143:10 (NASB) As I was working on my memorization of Psalm 143 this morning, verse ten stood out more strongly to me than it did yesterday. It dawned on me that we really focus more on the correction of the Lord than His teaching. We confess our sins, ask Him to forgive, and then ask Him to teach us a new path. But, is He not there and willing to teach us how to avoid those very sins? Is He not desiring to teach us how to walk in His path in the first place? I don't want to wait until I've made a mistake to be corrected by Him. I long for Him to teach me now, and I long to be open. I want to be like a child who is growing and learning with complete trust. He is God, and I long to learn from Him and walk His path for me.

No comments: