Wednesday, May 20, 2009

His Light

If I say, "Surely the darkness will overwhelm me, and the light around me will be night," Even the darkness is not dark to You, and the night is as bright as the day. Darkness and light are alike to You. Psalms 139:11-12 (NASB) Are there ever days when you feel like you are groping around in darkness just trying to figure out where you're going? It's not even just those days when the world is falling down around you - when a job is lost, a child is sick, a financial challenge seems insurmountable. Yes, those are dark times, and yes I've experienced them all. But, I'm talking about the day to day darkness that sometimes creeps in. I'm talking about those average days when the sun is hiding, whininess abounds, and you aren't quite sure what to do to cheer everyone up. I'm talking about those days when one of your children just can't seem to find the path to obedience. I'm talking about those days when everything is going okay, but you don't want to face the norm one more time. Those days might not be the darkness of tragedy, but they are the bleakness of the day-to-day battle we live. My God is my light in the day-to-day just as He is in the struggles. He is my light whether things are good or frustrating. He is my light whether my children are obeying or fighting, whether I'm tired or energetic, whether the house is a mess or tidy. That is the light I must walk in and remember!

No comments: