Saturday, May 2, 2009

Doing His Pleasure

If because of the sabbath, you turn your foot from doing your own pleasure on My holy day, and call the sabbath a delight, the holy day of the LORD honorable, and honor it, desisting from your own ways, from seeking your own pleasure and speaking your own word, then you will take delight in the LORD, and I will make you ride on the heights of the earth; and I will feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father, for the mouth of the LORD has spoken. Isaiah 58:13-14 (NASB) Where is my delight? Is there anything - any particular day, event, or action - that turns my foot from doing my own pleasure and turns me instead to calling the things of God a delight? I am so frequently caught up in my own pleasure, and my pleasure is so minuscule and blah compared to what the Lord has to offer. Maybe delighting in Him will begin by honoring Him on Sundays, but then it should expand into every moment of every day of my life. My choices in everything from child-rearing to entertainment to possessions to activities should revolve around delighting in my God and choosing His pleasure over my own.

No comments: