Friday, May 22, 2009

The Perfect Tool

Have I not written to you excellent things of counsels and knowledge, to make you know the certainty of the words of truth that you may correctly answer him who sent you? Prov 22:20-21 (NASB) If you are anything like me, you have occasionally made the excuse, "But, I just don't know what to say!" The world tries any way possible to attack our beliefs and our understanding of Scripture. They come to us prepared to ridicule and degrade us. They know that many of us cannot truly argue our position because we have not studied the Word for ourselves. God has provided for me a perfect tool for having certainty and assurance in the truth of Christ, the kingdom of God, and the redemption available for me to be a part of that kingdom. That tool is found in His Word. His Word gives me everything I need to have confidence to stand before Him. His Word gives me everything I need to share that assurance with the world around me. The problem is that I'm not always diligent to utilize that tool. I am challenged to be diligent to truly study and utilize the Word of God. I want to stand before my Lord with His praise on my tongue. I want to stand before those in this world with infallible truth proceeding from my lips. I want to be diligent!

No comments: