Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Wise Speech

The tongue of the wise makes knowledge acceptable, but the mouth of fools spouts folly. Prov 15:2 (NASB) As I read this verse this morning, it dawned on me how many times I greatly long for my words to make sense to people. Whether it is to my children while I am trying to teach them, to my Sunday school class while I am trying to expound on a passage, or to someone I am talking to on a day-to-day basis - regardless of the situation, I simply want them to hear what I have to say. According to this verse, wisdom works wonders! But, so often I speak out of my rashness rather than out of a quiet wisdom. Whether it is with my children or with others, I must discipline my tongue to speak from the wisdom of the Lord rather than from my own opinion. When it's from the Lord, it will be acceptable to others and what I say will truly make a difference in lives.

No comments: