Friday, April 10, 2009

No Room for Doubt

When they saw Him, they worshiped Him; but some were doubtful. Matt 28:17 (NASB) This verse has disturbed me all week as I've worked to prepare this week's Sunday school lesson. It doesn't bother me so much that some of Jesus' followers doubted. Why? Because I have to try to put myself in their shoes. Would I really believe the incredible story that Jesus had risen? Would I really be able to dredge back up some of the things He had said and said, "Oh! So that's what He meant!" The verse bothers me because it's so true for so many of us. How often do we pick and choose which of His promises to believe? How often does our doubt kick in right when we should be simply reminding ourselves of what He's told us? I would be lying if I said that I never doubted Him. But, I do not want my doubt to be legacy. If someone were to review my life, I would want them to see an example of faith and trust. I would want them to say that I stood firm in my God, even when every circumstance around me suggested that He was not to be found. I want to believe and not doubt!

1 comment:

Lou said...

Sometimes I think doubt but up our faith. I know for me, years later I look back and realize what life would have been with him if I just believed. I have grown from the doubt and became more faithful.

I do wish that I would do less doubting. I know he is there with me always, Why should I doubt?