Friday, April 17, 2009

Just a Tool

A just balance and scales belong to the LORD; all the weights of the bag are His concern. Prov 16:11 (NASB) I read this one yesterday, but it has continued to stick with me and thoughts have formulated in my mind as I've mulled over it. I get really irritated with injustice. I rant and rave and want to give the unjust a piece of my mind! Sometimes I act like I really need to help God maintain justice on this earth. Two things struck me in this verse... First of all, justice is important to God. He is concerned with whether or not things are just, and He is paying attention! I don't have to remind Him of His responsibility or try to step in and make right what I think He's forgotten. He never forgets! He's always aware! Secondly, justice is God's concern. In other words, I must live justly, but I am not responsible for whether or not the world is just. When unjust things happen in this world, I must be obedient to what He's called me to do in response, be a willing vessel in His hands, but also be sure to not try to do His job for Him. Dealing with injustice is His job, and I am just a tool.

No comments: