Monday, April 13, 2009

Ever Praise Him!

How blessed are those who dwell in Your house! They are ever praising You. Psalms 84:4 (NASB) This verse seems to full of longing - so full of a passion to dwell in the house of God and to be in continual praise of Him. 1 Cor 6:19 tells me that my body is a temple of the Holy Spirit. This passage is referring to keeping my body pure and from sin, but I think it fits just as much with what I should do (see the end of 1 Cor 6:20) as with what I should not do. The Holy Spirit dwells within me! Dwelling in the house of God refers to remaining in His presence at all times and if the Holy Spirit truly dwells within me, then I am in His presence at all times. I am dwelling in His house. I have the privilege to ever praise Him! Do I take advantage of that privilege? Or do I praise Him at certain times of the day and then move on with my day? That's where I long to be - ever praising Him. I doubt I will ever be to the point where I feel I am praising Him adequately because He is worthy of so much more than I could ever give. But, I long to be constantly growing in my praise of Him - constantly praising Him more as I grow. I dwell in His presence! May I ever praise Him!

No comments: