Wednesday, April 22, 2009

His Words

Incline your ear and hear the words of the wise, and apply your mind to my knowledge; for it will be pleasant if you keep them within you, that they may be ready on your lips. So that your trust may be in the Lord, I have taught you today, even you. Prov 22:17-19 NASB

This morning I must confess that I was very distracted as I was doing my Bible reading. Doug is coming home today, Angie's dentist appointment is today, and there was a lot to do to get everyone ready this morning. I had been reading almost without comprehension, going through the motions. Then I hit this passage.

God's Word is too wonderful and powerful for me to just ho-hum my way through the day's reading! I must be attentive! God intends to use what He teaches me through His Word, but how can I be useful if I'm not listening in the first place?

Then I read that last phrase - God has taught me! Little ole me! If He is going to teach even me today, I think it's worth my while to listen!
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments: