Friday, April 24, 2009

Clear Conscience

A question has been whirling about in my mind all morning. The question is this...Do I have a clean conscience? In Psalm 112:5-9, the psalmist talks about being able to stand firm in what we say and do even when those things are challenged. Why? Because we said and did them in the wisdom of the Lord and with a clean conscience. Several other verses have been brought to my remembrance as I have dwelt on this thought this morning. Heb 13:18 1 Tim 1:5 2 Cor 1:12 Acts 24:16 Am I a woman of integrity? Even when I mess up, can I honestly say that I have made things right with the Lord and stand in good conscience before Him and man? That is my prayer and my goal. That is my desire. Right now - today - I am seeking to be clear in all I do before Him. I am asking Him to show me if there is any area in which I cannot stand before Him with a clean conscience. When adversity arises, I long to be able to examine my words, actions and motives, and then present myself as clean before the Lord and the people with whom I interact. That is my heart. That is my goal.

No comments: