Thursday, April 16, 2009

Better than the Mighty

He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit, than he who captures a city. Prov 16:32 (NASB) To be honest, I kind of had to chuckle at this one. I think that's why it stood out this morning. It just made me laugh! Why? Well, sometimes my kids and their shenanigans seem awfully "mighty." And sometimes it seems that trying to keep order in my home is like trying to capture a rebellious city. Go ahead...chuckle along with me. Some of you can even identify, can't you? The problem is that so often I am not slow to anger and I do not rule my spirit. So, naturally, I am not always victorious in managing this household in a godly manner. I can truly say that I have grown in this area over the years, but I can't stop growing! I have so far to go, and I am determined that not only will this year be better than last year, but today will be better than yesterday and tomorrow better than today. I am challenged to continually grow in being slow to anger with my children. I will continually grow in ruling my spirit. Fortunately, I don't have to do it on my own. The Holy Spirit within me is powerful!

1 comment:

Choate Family said...

This proverb is part of Core 4 memory work and has become one of favorites! Keep stepping on my toes, please...