Monday, April 6, 2009

My Prayer is to You, O Lord!

But as for me, my prayer is to You, O LORD, at an acceptable time; O God, in the greatness of Your lovingkindness, answer me with Your saving truth. Psalms 69:13 (NASB) This morning this verse stood out to me as I read Psalm 69. Usually when a verse stands out to me, I can identify why pretty quickly. This one wasn't like that. I had some ideas regarding its relevance, but it wasn't necessarily anything relating to a challenge. I was washing the dishes and mulling over totally different things, trying to pray through them, when the Lord brought me back to this verse. David prayed this in the middle of being oppressed by other people. I'm not oppressed. I'm far from it! But, there are some things I've been mulling over that seem so desperate, at least to me. The challenge the Lord brought to me this morning was to stop mulling and return to praying. Return to following the command of Phil 4:6. Instead of playing them over in my mind, I must ensure that I am lifting them up to the Lord. My prayer must be to Him, and Him alone. Not mulling in my mind, not "discussing" with others - just presenting to the Lord. I am so far from a disciplined mind, but this verse is just one more reminder that I must continue to exercise it until that discipline is strong...until I come to the point that my only action is to lift my prayers to my Father.

No comments: