Monday, April 27, 2009

His Presence

You will make known to me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy; in Your right hand there are pleasures forever. Psalms 16:11 (NASB) It's confession time. I might be the only one who does this, but there are times when I go through the motions of being in His presence without actually getting there. I diligently have a morning devotional time. I read, I pray, I journal - I do all the right things. But, I don't truly move into His wonderful presence. God's presence is the only place I should want to be. All of the things listed in this verse about His presence are so very true, and I experience them every time I break down my defenses and truly enter His presence. So, why are there times that I willingly allow myself to just go through the motions instead of surrendering fully to His presence? I don't know. I'm just wacky, I guess. I'm ready to stop going through the motions. It's time to be fully in His presence, to rest in His right hand. That is what I'm created for, and that is where I need to be.

No comments: