Thursday, July 22, 2010

Eternally Minded

As I have read and studied 2 Corinthians 4, I have noticed a common mentality theme running through it.  Paul was so incredibly eternally minded.  And I am not.

I like so often to think I’m eternally minded.  But, the truth is that I am bogged down by the here and now.  I think about the future when making decisions (often fighting against anxiety because of it), but it’s not an eternal future I consider.  Relatively speaking, it’s a much more immediate future. 

Everything Paul did, preached, taught, or wrote about pointed to eternity.  This life mattered little to him, save for the eternal impact he could make as long as he was here on this earth.

I want to be like that.  I want to be free of the insane cares of this world.  My challenge is to actively move toward that goal.  I have a long way to go, but I will never get there if I don’t start.  So, the journey begins today…

No comments: