Monday, July 12, 2010

Chaos to Calm

After having little chance to post last week (or do several other things, for that matter), I have much floating through my head this morning.  I am seeing a huge list of things I'd like to get done not just soon but today.  NOW!  It's not that they have to be done today.  It's not that there aren't other things that do have to be done today.  It's that I just want to drop everything normal and calm the swirling thoughts in my mind by digging in and doing all of these different activities.  Writing.  Sorting.  Planning.  Organizing.  Disposing. 

I had a great time of Bible study this morning (and most of it had nothing to do with this challenge, by the way!), but before I ever launched into it - and during it as well - God revealed to me that the chaos in my heart and mind would not lead me to glorify Him today.  Diligence, good stewardship, and devotion to what He lays before me today is what will honor Him.  Then, in turn, just as He blesses my tithe of money with amazing financial provision, so will He bless my discipline of time and energy with a calm spirit and plenty of opportunity to work those other things out day by day and in due time.

So, my challenge is to intentionally calm my thoughts and energies and be a good steward of what is immediately before me.  To say it will be challenging is an understatement.  But, I have already begun to feel God's calming hand rest upon me, and I am ready to seek Him and follow what He wants of me today. 

No comments: