Monday, July 19, 2010

Encouragement

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.  Eph 6:12 (NASB)

As I read 2 Cor 4:1-4 this morning, I was reminded of this verse in Ephesians.  So often I struggle through our role as a  ministry couple.  When it seems that we work and work and see few responses, we are discouraged.  But, these two passages remind me that we are never fighting against people.  We are fighting against spiritual forces that blind people.  Somehow, that is encouraging. 

Today I am challenged to remember this truth as I move through today.  When my fight is against spiritual forces, I know that I can still be in the battle – one battle of a war whose victory for my side is assured! – through prayer throughout today.  I can be effective even as I am cleaning my own home and teaching my own children.  I can make progress in fighting for the hearts of people who are being blinded by Satan.  I can still fight for their salvation and their growth.   It is when I lose focus of that truth that I am discouraged.  So, today I am challenged to keep sight of that reality – and to keep fighting.  As long as souls are perishing, I will keep praying!

1 comment:

JKMusicforLIFE said...

nice blog.

jkmusicforlife.blogspot.com