Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The View of My Sin

I'm studying Psalm 51 this week for Sunday school. The first thing that slammed me in the face was this...how do I view my sin? So often I view it as "not so bad." David had a very different perspective. He viewed it as a horrid blemish that he couldn't escape. It was continually staring him in the face. He viewed it as something that separated him from God. He viewed it as something from which he needed to be purified and cleansed. I have had to stop and think about how I handle my own sin. And, I'm sure I will have to continue processing and growing in that area. I do know that God has walked me through some "dealing" with my sin this week. Being honest before Him. Recognizing my sin His way. It's easy to brush some sins aside as trivial, but all sin is separation from my Savior. All must be dealt with. All bring about the necessity of purification and cleansing. So, I'm reminded again to honestly allow Him to seek me and cleanse me from all sin.

No comments: