Saturday, October 3, 2009

Readiness

Be dressed in readiness, and keep your lamps lit. Luke 12:35 (NASB) But if that slave says in his heart, "My master will be a long time in coming," and begins to beat the slaves, both men and women, and to eat and drink and get drunk... Luke 12:45 (NASB) How do I live my daily life? Do I live in readiness? Or do I go about life as if I assume my Master is going to be a long time in coming? I should be living with an urgency, but I don't really. I live as if I know this world will keep on turning. In some ways, that's okay. I mean, I can't just give up and stop paying my bills and educating my children because I'm convinced that Jesus might return any minute. I must persist in living. But, in the ways that matter, it's not okay. I cannot just sit on what I know! I cannot just go through my life in my self-centered way thinking that someday I'll get out and tell. I have to be ready now, today. I have to be bold and vocal now. My challenge and my passion is to live like I am ready and to spur others on to readiness as well, whether it be believers around me or the lost world.

No comments: