Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Satisfying Needs

So Jesus, being wearied from His journey, was sitting thus by the well. It was about the sixth hour. John 4:6 (NASB) Meanwhile the disciples were urging Him, saying, "Rabbi, eat." But He said to them, "I have food to eat that you do not know about." So the disciples were saying to one another, "No one brought Him anything to eat, did he?" John 4:31-33 (NASB) These verses wrap around the story of the Samaritan woman at the well, and it fit so well with what I felt God challenging me with yesterday. God knows what will satisfy my need, and He will guide me to that satisfaction if I wait on Him! I believe the Bible when it says that Jesus was weary. But, unlike His disciples, Jesus knew that His restoration was not going to come from food. It was going to come from being where His Father wanted Him to be - from doing His Father's work and will. When I feel a need coming on, am I willing to wait, listen to the Lord, and let Him satisfy my need His way? Or do I just assume that it is a fleshly need with a fleshly solution? He knows me better than I know myself. I must let Him guide the fulfillment of my needs!

No comments: