Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Radiation of Peace

Every now and then the Lord challenges me in a strange way. I always go back to His Word to ensure that the challenge is in line with Scripture - otherwise it isn't from Him and isn't valid. But, the challenges aren't always initiated by what I read in His Word. Sometimes they come from other directions. Today's challenge is just such a thing. Yesterday I felt overwhelmed by chaos. Everything seemed out of control and I seemed to be spinning that direction as well. I really needed a reminder to be at peace. As the day ended, I felt the Lord bringing me back under control as I opened myself up to Him. But, in the night He seemed to increase that peace even as I slept. Last night I dreamed about some dear friends of ours. I dreamed that we were able to go and spend some time with them. That's a pretty big deal because they are thousands of miles away! As much as I would love to go visit them, it's even less conceivable than getting to go visit my parents in Jordan, which is a pretty difficult prospect itself. So, the sudden image of being with them, of visiting in their home, was one of great delight. But, the feeling I had that came from just being their their home was even more incredible. As soon as I walked in their front door, I was overwhelmed with peace. Everything about their home and their beings radiated the peace of God. And, yes, if you were to know the family, you would know that they are like that in reality, not just in the dream world. They are a family of peace and have a home of peace. Are they perfect? Do they live their lives without conflict and stress? Not by any means! But, they crave and hunger for peace, and that shows. So, I woke up not only overwhelmingly blessed but also immediately challenged. I want my home and my family to be that haven! I want people who hunger for peace to find it here. I want it to radiate so greatly that just dreaming about being with us brings that peace.

No comments: