Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Soul Satisfaction

The righteous eateth to the satisfying of his soul: but the belly of the wicked shall want. Prov 13:25 (KJV) What do I crave? Do I truly crave soul satisfaction, or do I crave satisfaction in other areas of my life? To be honest, there is frequently stuff that I so greatly want that I just don't think I can live without. I crave food that I know is not good for me and that will not help me with my health goals. I crave time off, and it never ends up being enough. I crave more sleep and then always end up just as tired, if not moreso. I need to focus on satisfying my soul, not my flesh. When I do, the other things will be satisfied - either because the wants will no longer exist or because the desires line up with the ultimate goal of glorifying God in all I do. That's where I want to be!

No comments: