Friday, February 11, 2011

Self Evaluation

I’ve seemed to have less to write lately from my morning times of Bible study. I have jotted a few things down in my journal for my own personal thought and perusal, but nothing really to blog about.

That’s not a bad thing on its own. Sometimes it simply means I need to be working through some of the challenges I’ve already posted. Sometimes it means there’s something in the works that takes some foundational learning to formulate in my mind.

But sometimes it means I’m not listening.

So, my challenge this morning is to evaluate my heart. Am I open? Am I listening? Or is there something that is keeping me from truly absorbing the living Word of God?

Some days the lessons and challenges flow. Other days are intended for nothing other than recognizing and knowing the presence of God. Still other days are a combination of the two – and other aspects of growing as well. But, foundationally there is a crucial element no matter what the specific interaction involves. That crucial element is a heart that is open and sensitive to the voice of the Holy Spirit.

Since I write to hash out my thoughts, I have to stop when I seem to have little to write and ask myself a few questions. Is my spirit open? Is my heart receptive to the voice of the Lord? Is anything keeping me from being taught by the Holy Spirit through God’s Word? Am I truly being open and submissive even in this time of silence?

So, today I will question, listen, and trust the Lord to straighten me out in any way necessary.

No comments: