Thursday, September 24, 2009

Strength

If you fail under pressure, your strength is too small. Prov 24:10 (NLT)

I had two thoughts as I read this verse this morning. First of all, failure proves that strength was limited in the first place. Secondly, succeeding increases strength.

So, if you have to have the strength in the first place, how do you succeed so that your strength can be increased?

This is the thought that drags me down. There are days when I feel that I do not have the strength in the first place. So, why even try?

I forget so frequently that strength comes from the Lord. That's what Matt 11:28-30 is all about! It almost needs to be a daily reminder for me - otherwise I try to float along on yesterday's strength and end up weary once again, wondering what I've done wrong this time!

God's strength is never too small - mine always is. When I fail under pressure, it is pretty obvious whose strength I am relying on in the moment of pressure! My challenge is to remember to rely on His strength, whether it's on a normal day or a pressure-filled day. As I grow more in the habit of relying on Him, I will notice the pressure less and less. Oh, how wonderful it is to be able to go to Him!



No comments: