Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Justice for Me?

For You have maintained my just cause; You have sat on the throne judging righteously. Psalm 9:4 (NASB) If I were to stand today being judged for my actions yesterday - standing between God and the world, with the world accusing and God determining justice - I would be in serious trouble. Now, keep in mind, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am covered by the blood of the Lamb. I am made righteous in His sight because of it. I am His, totally and completely. Nothing can ever change that, and I am firmly and securely convinced of that. But, yesterday was rough. I honestly did not show any of that covering of righteousness. I was ugly, mean, short-tempered, and irritable. I yelled. I was angry. I was not loving, joyful, peaceful, patient, kind, good, faithful, gentle, or self-controlled (Gal 5:22-23). It boils down to this - I would not have wanted God judging me in righteousness yesterday. I could only have looked at Him and said, "My God, please have mercy!" Do I go through a day in perfection? Hardly! Does that stop me from making that my goal? Not even remotely. I long to be beautiful in His sight. But, more than that, I long to stand before this world and say, "Look at me, and you can get a glimpse of my Savior and His incredible love for you!" I cannot do that when I am so caught up in myself that I cannot even show Christ to my children. Today must be different. I want to be pleasing in His sight and a reflection of Him to the world. I may be mocked and persectuted, but if I am I want it to be because I look like Him, not because I claim to be His but act like I did yesterday. That is my goal for today, and then tomorrow, and then the next day - one day at a time on through eternity.

No comments: