Monday, September 14, 2009

Evaluating the Path

As I was reading my Bible this morning, I really did not think anything stood out to me as a specific challenge. But, then when I was typing out my thoughts on verses from Proverbs 14, I realized an overall theme that seemed to be standing out to me as I read and processed. The theme was self-evaluation. As is obvious from the posts on this blog, I really like to evaluate how the passages I read affect and apply to my daily life. But, sometimes I try to make those applications without really paying attention to whether or not I am in the right spot in the first place. That is when it can be a little tough to apply what I am learning. Today is a day when I believe I am where I am supposed to be, but I am not entirely sure I have started the day with my focus on the path. Today I have glanced at some of the enticing thickets around me - indulgence and laziness are a couple of them. I have not moved from the path into those thickets, but I am recognizing the tendency today. I am so thankful He challenges me to stop and consider the path! And, I am so thankful that He gives us everything we need to stay on the path!

No comments: