Sunday, September 20, 2009

Gaining Insight

...for they had not gained any insight from the incident of the loaves, but their heart was hardened. Mark 6:52 (NASB) When I read this verse, my heart just shuddered. How often is this me? God has taught me so much, and there are many times that I face a new challenge with the wisdom and understanding gleaned from the previous one. But, there are also times when this verse is true of me. I move from one display of God's love and power to another without gaining insight. I know that I am growing in this area. Of that I am confident. But, I know I have much more room to grow. My prayer and challenge is to keep this verse in the forefront of my heart and mind - and to have the sensitivity to know when I am ignoring insight and allowing my heart to be hardened that I may change such behavior.

No comments: