Thursday, September 17, 2009

His Strength!

Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light. Matt 11:28-30 (NASB) I have been exhausted lately. I mean, utterly and completely exhausted. I could give you example after example, but just suffice it to say I have been tired! This morning I realized something. I am tired because I am facing certain issues in my own power. It is not so much that I have done the wrong thing related to those issues, but I have made decisions based on what I want and think is logical rather than on seeking the Lord. It is hard to do everything I do for His glory when I do not consult Him in the first place! This morning I laid my methods at His feet. I confessed my exhaustion. I asked for His guidance. I committed to surrender my plan and will in favor of His. Immediately, I felt peace. I cannot stress that enough. Immediately. Peace, confidence, and one more thing - energy! The same body that had barely been able to drag itself out of bed an hour before began to feel strength enough to make it through the day! I was almost giddy! And, that was before I changed anything! To be honest, most of what I was doing I believe I am still supposed to do. But, now I am doing it for His glory and through His strength and in His way. It is amazing the physical difference that can make! So, what is my challenge? To not do this when I am at the end of my rope, but to start each day this way! Without Him, I will be exhausted after a few minutes. With Him, I will have all I need to serve Him from the moment I awake until my head is laid on the pillow at night. I am ready to do it with Him! Thank You, Lord!

No comments: