Saturday, August 1, 2009

No Complaints

Why should any living mortal, or any man, offer complaint in view of his sins? Let us examine and probe our ways, And let us return to the LORD. Lam 3:39-40 (NASB) How many times do I complain? Certainly on a daily basis! I suppose that's why these verses impacted me so strongly. I backed up a bit, rereading Lam 3:32-38, and I was reminded that everything God does in our lives, whether it seems good or horrible, is done out of lovingkindness. The whole purpose is to show us our sinfulness, help us to turn from it, and help us to be more like Christ. Meanwhile, how often do I sin? Do I truly go through a full day without a single blemish in my thoughts or behavior? If I were to succeed in that, then maybe I just might have a right to a teensy weensy complaint. But, the truth is, I am so far from unblemished. I struggle day to day, hour to hour, sometimes even minute to minute. I have no room to complain. About anything. I do it so often, but I have no right. I am so ready to remove complaint from my heart, mind, and life! I am so ready to trust that God has good plans for me (Jer 29:11) and to not fuss over the little inconveniences of life. I must stop complaining.

No comments: