Thursday, August 27, 2009

If Not for Him...

"Had it not been the LORD who was on our side," Let Israel now say, Psalms 124:1 (NASB) This is the introductory verse to a rather short Psalm expressing thanks to the Lord for all of the things He accomplished - all of the ways He brought salvation and protection to His people. This one little verse really made me stop and think this morning. Do I give proper credit to the Lord? Had it not been for the Lord...oh, how many things I could put after that! And, I do not just mean big things. I mean little bitty mundane things. Had it not been for Him, I doubt I would have slept at all last night. Had it not been for His nudgings, I would not have gotten out of bed this morning. Had He not been on my side (and disciplined me because of it!), an incident with the kids this morning would have led to a horrid day. And then there are the big things... If I would adopt this phrase into my vocabulary - make it a habit - then rejoicing could not help but flow from my mouth.

No comments: