Thursday, August 13, 2009

He Can Handle It!

The LORD opens the eyes of the blind; the LORD raises up those who are bowed down; the LORD loves the righteous; the LORD protects the strangers; He supports the fatherless and the widow, but He thwarts the way of the wicked. The LORD will reign forever, your God, O Zion, to all generations. Praise the LORD! Psalms 146:8-10 (NASB) Did you notice something in this passage? Did you notice how many times "the LORD" is mentioned? Did you notice who does all of these things? Yep, the Lord!! As I was praying over some things this morning, I was a little discouraged. There are some things that I see the Lord wanting to do, but there are also a lot of obstacles to hurtle to see those things accomplished. Then, once again I realized that I was trying to figure things out myself so that I could pray just the right way or make sure I did just the right thing. But, guess what? It's not my problem!!!! Yes, I am responsible to pray. Yes, I am responsible to obey. But the Lord removes the obstacles. The Lord deals with hearts. The Lord moves those mountains. He is so amazingly and incredibly powerful, and oh, how I love to see Him work! He really does have it all figured out, and He doesn't need my input. That's a struggle for me, but it's also a relief. He's powerful! He's perfect! He's sovereign! And, He's fully capable! Praise the Lord!

No comments: