Thursday, August 6, 2009

Living it Out

I have mixed feelings about God giving me practical application for the lessons He teaches me through His Word. I love that He's teaching me, but application can be hard, and I don't like things to be hard. This week I haven't had many new challenges to share because, well, He's making sure I'm "getting" what He's been teaching me from His Word lately. Let's suffice it to say that I believe God's Word totally and complete. I believe that what He says is true. I believe that when He says He'll do something, He will do it! I don't have a problem with any of that. What I have a problem with is keeping my attitude in line with those beliefs. I just get agitated because I want His hand to move now. And, that agitation is wrong - it's what He's challenging me to change. We are dealing with some things that I know beyond a shadow of a doubt will be taken care of in the appropriate time. But, as I live in the here and now before it's all smoothed out, I am fighting frustration, impatience, and irritability. The Bible says to rejoice. Even in times like these. Especially in times like these. It's a command. The irritability has to go. The rejoicing has to come in. And that's where the challenge is this week...

No comments: