Sunday, August 30, 2009

To Know More

Surely I am more stupid than any man, and I do not have the understanding of a man. Neither have I learned wisdom, nor do I have the knowledge of the Holy One. Prov 30:2-3 (NASB) I read these verses every month, and they are good for me. Why? Because each month I learn a little more and I grow a little more. But, then I get to Proverbs 30 and I am reminded how little I know. I am reminded how much I have left to learn. I am reminded that, really and truly, I have barely scratched the surface of what is available to me here in this life, much less what awaits me in eternity. In a way it seems that these verses would be discouraging and would tear me down, but the truth is so opposite. These verses increase my hunger and drive. They make me want to know more and more about the incredible God described in the pages of this precious Book. He loves me infinitely more than I could comprehend, and I want to know Him. I want to acknowledge His ways. I want to be more equipped daily to share His incredible love with everyone around me. So, being reminded of how little I truly know is a good thing. Being reminded that I have far to go is wonderful. Day by day, step by step, little by little, I will continue to grow and learn. And then one day, I'll be in His immediate presence and I will be able to spend eternity learning and praising even more.

No comments: