Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Hope for Me

Do you see a man wise in his own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for him. Prov 26:12 (NASB) Proverbs 26 is a chapter full of discussion of fools. It is pretty intense discussion. Then comes verse twelve. How many times have I felt that I was wise? How many times have I honestly believed that I knew best on my own? I'm not talking about the times when I have shared the Word of God and stood on its truth in firmness. I'm talking about the times when I have given my opinion and insisted that it was the only true answer. According to the Scripture, with that attitude I am worse than a fool. There is not a lot of hope for fools, according to Proverbs 26. I have learned much through the years. I still have much to learn. I desire to be used to impact others through what I have learned and experienced, but it cannot be because I think I am all that. It has to be because the Lord does it. All of it. I am not the only person He can work through. I have not learned and experienced it all. Besides, none of it is my wisdom anyway. It is all God's, and the sooner I acknowledge that, the better!

No comments: