Sunday, August 23, 2009

Investing

Israel is a luxuriant vine; he produces fruit for himself. The more his fruit, the more altars he made; the richer his land, the better he made the sacred pillars. Hosea 10:1 (NASB) I was very convicted by this verse this morning. I was convicted of the reality of all that I invest in things that don't really matter. The more I have, whether it's time, money, energy, or whatever, the more I invest in my interests and desires. I have no personal interest or desire that is worth what I invest unless that interest or desire is totally bound up in God's glory and furthering His kingdom. I can give no less than my all - all my time, energy, money, attention, efforts, and very life - to Him and His purposes. That must be my daily - even hourly - goal.

No comments: