Sunday, August 2, 2009

My Delight

For wisdom will enter your mind, and knowledge will delight your heart. Prov 2:10 (HCSB) I know I've dealt with this before, but it came before me again this morning. What delights my heart? There are so many things that I allow to delight me. Earlier this week I wanted nothing more than to chomp down on a huge greasy cheeseburger. Oh, what delight that would have brought! And, yesterday I really wanted to go out and spend money. I could have gone on a great shopping spree and had such fun! But, it doesn't take much more than a quick thought to remember that those things would have only brought temporary pleasure, not true delight. I am thankful to say that the Lord helped me resist those temptations. It was a struggle, but I rested in Him. And He gave me true delight! I must find my delight only in the things of my Lord God - in His knowledge, wisdom, and teaching. He is my one true delight! He is my joy! I must live out that truth!

No comments: